If you have a complaint about the Council, councillors or the clerk then please look through this page to see the course of action.


Complaints about an employee of the council, such as the clerk, should be addressed to the chairman of the Council in the first instance. These complaints will be dealt with by the South Tawton Parish Council Employment Committee as an employment matter. Therefore, action will be taken internally according to the approved Disciplinary Procedure of the Parish Council.


Complaints about councillors must be addressed to the Monitoring Officer at West Devon Borough Council. The Parish Council has no authority to respond to such complaints.

Complaints about Council

If you have a complaint regarding a decision that Council has made, then you can follow the procedure laid out in the complaints policy below. Please ensure that your complaint is covered by the policy; the policy details where complaints can be made.

Complaints Policy.docx


If you have complaints or concerns over the handling of Council's finances then please speak to the Responsible Financial Officer (also the Clerk) on If required, she can point you in the direction of our Internal Auditor or our External Auditor for clarification on any concerns.